Turkey, the Hippodrome and Constantinople
This is a Digital Image not an actual print
This view shows the Aya Sofia on the left with the Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Blue Mosque), with its distinctive 6 minarets on the right. In the centre is the Egyptian obelisk.
Drawn by W. H. Bartlett and engraved by G. K. Richardson. This print originally appeared in Julia Pardoe’s ‘Beauties of the Bosphorus’ in 1838. This edition of the engraving is from ‘Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire’ by Edward Gibbon, published c1860. Paper size approx. 258 x 164 mm.
Images size 191 x 125 mm