Slezer – The Ruins of the Cathedral Church of Elgin
This is a Digital Image not an actual print
Drawn by John Slezer, born before 1650 and died in the sanctuary of the Abbey bounds at Holyrood in 1717. He was a German military engineer working in Scotland between 1671 and his death. The views of Scottish towns, castles, cathedrals and abbeys were engraved in London and Holland and were first published in ‘Theatrum Scotiae’ 1693. This image is taken from the 1874 edition.
Original image size approx. 41.0 x 24.0 cm
Digital image size 4648 x 2748 px
39.4 cm x 23.3 cm (300 dpi)