Greenwich Park and Palace with London in Distance c1620
In the foreground of this view is Duke Humphrey’s Tower, named after the Duke of Gloucester. It was demolished in the 1660s and the site used for the new Royal Observatory which opened in 1675.
Engraved from an old drawing by F. W. Topham for the Abbotsford Edition of ‘The Waverley Novels’ by Sir Walter Scott, 1842-47. Page size approx. 240 x 155 mm.
Image size 141 x 98 mm