Friars Carse in 1870, Dumfriesshire
This was the estate of Burns’ friend and neighbour, Captain Robert Riddell of Glenriddel. This print shows the new building of about 1870. Engraved by J. Godfrey after a picture by J. Ramage for ‘The National Burns’ by Rev. George Gilfillan, 1879. Published by William Mackenzie c1879. Some grubby finger marks in the margins of the print but not affecting the image. Printed on toned paper, size approx. 190 x 245 mm.
Image size 162 x 110 mm