Map of Selkirk Shire 1885
Probably engraved originally for ‘Blackwood’s Atlas of Scotland’, 1838, by William Home Lizars (1788-1859). More roads were added in 1839, then in 1853 the second edition included railways. These are the engraved maps which were then reprinted lithographically to appear in the ‘Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland’, edited by Francis H. Groome and published by Thomas C. Jack, Edinburgh, 1885. The map has two folds across the short length as issued. Paper size approx. 260 x 360 mm.
Lithograph, printed in colours
Image size approx. 240 x 195 mm